Leadership Arts Alumni
Leadership Arts Alumni is responsible for the administration of the Patricia A. Porter Fellowship, which seeks to honor Patricia A. Porter’s contribution to Business Council for the Arts and the North Texas arts community by awarding a one-year fellowship of up to $5,000 per year to a graduate student(s) currently enrolled in a graduate program studying arts management, administration, or education at a college or university located in North Texas (defined here as a county belonging to the North Central Texas Council of Governments: Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Franklin, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Grayson, Johnson, Kaufman, Lamar, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Red River, Rockwell, Somervell, Tarrant, and Wise). Selection is based upon scholastic achievement, professional achievement, community participation, demonstrated leadership potential, and financial need.
- Be a current degree-seeking graduate student.
- Be enrolled in at least six credit hours in a graduate program leading to a career in arts management. Programs included though not limited to:
- SMU| M.A. / M.B.A. - Arts Management
- UTD | Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - Arts Management
- UNT | Master of Arts - (Option II) Museum Educator
- All North Texas Universities | MBA - Arts Management or Arts Administration
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.30 on a 4.00 scale.
- Download the Fellowship Packet, which includes all instructions, requirements, and the application form.
- Mail the completed application and all necessary attachments to:
Business Council for the Arts
c/o Patricia A. Porter Fellowship in Arts Management
8687 N Central Expressway, Suite 2131
Dallas, Texas 75225
The deadline for 2018 applications is April 15.
The applications of all qualified students will be reviewed the Fellowship Selection Committee of BCA/LAA. The committee will make recommendations regarding the awarding of this fellowship based on scholastic achievement, professional achievement, community participation, demonstrated leadership potential, and financial need.
Once a student agrees to accept this fellowship, he/she must maintain a 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale and make reasonable progress toward the completion of a graduate degree leading to a career in arts management. Recipients must also keep BCA/LAA informed of any address or school changes and respond to all correspondence. Fellowship monies will be sent directly to the chosen academic institution upon notice of enrollment and/or receipt of the previous semester’s transcript. Failure to complete any of these requirements may result in a loss of the fellowship or a delay in processing checks to schools.