The 2017 Obelisk Awards
Co-Chairs: Steven Roth, Senior Deputy General Counsel, Parkland Health & Hospital System and his wife Thai-lan Tran
Don’t miss an opportunity to recognize those who support you!
The Obelisk Awards are presented annually to honor businesses, business leaders, arts/cultural leaders and nonprofit organizations who have significantly advanced arts and culture in North Texas.
Through your nomination, you publicly recognize their accomplishments, enhance their visibility and elevate them as a model for others to emulate.
- The New Initiatives Award recognizes businesses for supporting an innovative arts/cultural program created within the past three years. Awards are given to one large, medium and small business each.
- The Arts Partnerships Award recognizes businesses that have provided sustained support to an arts/cultural organization for three or more years. Awards are given to one large, medium and small business each. A business may only win the Arts Partnership Award once every two years.
- The Arts Education Award recognizes one outstanding business for its support of arts education programs.
- The Business Champion for the Arts Award recognizes long-term leadership and commitment to arts/culture by a business executive (president, CEO, partner).
- The Outstanding Leadership Arts Alumnus Award recognizes outstanding board leadership and commitment by a graduate of the Leadership Arts Institute.
- The Visionary Nonprofit Arts Leader Award recognizes an arts leader who has consistently demonstrated vision, impact, innovation, and successful alignment with business and community partners throughout their tenure.
Nonprofit Arts/Cultural Organization Award:
- The Distinguished Cultural Organization Award is given by Neiman Marcus to recognize one outstanding nonprofit organization for a project or program that has enhanced the community through partnership with a business.
Deadlines, Nomination, and Eligibility Criteria:
- Deadline for nominations is June 21, 2017.
- Nominations may be made by any individuals, organizations, businesses, or groups.