The 2017 Obelisk Awards
Co-Chairs: Steve Roth & Thai-lan Thi Tran
Nominations - Due April 14, 2017
Don’t miss an opportunity to recognize those who support you!
The Obelisk Awards are presented annually to honor businesses, business leaders, arts/cultural leaders and nonprofit organizations who have significantly advanced arts and culture in North Texas.
Through your nomination, you publicly recognize their accomplishments, enhance their visibility and elevate them as a model for others to emulate.
- The New Initiatives Award recognizes businesses for supporting an innovative arts/cultural program created within the past three years. Awards are given to one large, medium and small business each.
- The Arts Partnerships Award recognizes businesses that have provided sustained support to an arts/cultural organization for three or more years. Awards are given to one large, medium and small business each. A business may only win the Arts Partnership Award once every two years.
- The Arts Education Award recognizes one outstanding business for its support of arts education programs.
For Individual Business Leaders:
- The Business Champion for the Arts Award recognizes long-term leadership and commitment to arts/culture by a business executive (president, CEO, partner).
- The Outstanding Leadership Arts Alumnus Award recognizes outstanding board leadership and commitment by a graduate of the Leadership Arts Institute.
For Individual Arts/Cultural Leaders:
- The Visionary Nonprofit Arts Leader Award recognizes an arts leader who has consistently demonstrated vision, impact, innovation, and successful alignment with business and community partners throughout their tenure.
For Nonprofit Arts/Cultural Organizations:
- The Distinguished Cultural Organization Award is given by Neiman Marcus to recognize one outstanding nonprofit organization for a project or program that has enhanced the community through partnership with a business.
Deadlines, Nomination, and Eligibility Criteria:
- Deadline for nominations is April 14, 2017.
- Nominations may be made by any individuals, organizations, businesses, or groups.